Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mum's Advices

Making Time When Fortune Smile
Never say you have no time to look at lovely things--clouds and flowers and butterflies, green leaves and flashing wing....In a hurry you may be but as you rush along-snatch a second now and then to hear the blackbird's song.

Make a quiet minute in the turmoil of the day--a hallowed instant here and there, a space to pause and pray....If from worldly thoughts you never take a moment's rest--you will find at journey's end that you have missed the best.... missed life's secret meaning as you bustled to and fro--dazzled by the whirl and glitter of the passing show....Midst the many voices left the inner voice be heard. Make a silence, stand quite still, and let God say a word.


The Riches Left Behind
Forget the times of trouble, but not the truths they taught. Forget the days of sorrow, but not the strength they brought. Forget the bitter moments when heaven seemed unkind--but don't forget the lessons learned: the riches left behind.

The faith, the wisdom and the peace: the harvest of the years. The grain that none can gather in except with toil and tears. Forget the storm you battled through. Forget the heavy load--but not the light that led you safely down the lonely road.


Friends
When I think about the future all seems dark to me. Everything is veiled in shadows of uncertainty... But when I think about my friends, my heart is comforted--I am given strength to face whatever lies ahead.

There'll be burdens to be borne along an unknown road--but always there'll be somebody to help me with the load--someone somewhere needing me. And so my prayer ascends. Every morning every day I thank God for my friends.


07-Sept-08 12:53 pm

No comments: