Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thought For DaysSilence

Silence
Anger spoils the beauty of the soul, silence regains it.
Give Love To Everyone
If I limit the love I give to just one or two, it will eventually go stale. If I learn to create love inside my heart and silently give it to everyone I meet, love will grace every corner of my life.
GOODNESS
When I become excessively critical towards others, it means I am going in the wrong direction. We are usually very good at spotting mistakes, but we should develop the quality of also spotting goodness. If I can see what is good in others or in situations and go beyond the curtain of negativity, I feel good about myself. If I constantly think "he is wrong", I instead create a barrier which blocks me from reaching my own goodness.
Give Happiness
One who gives happiness cannot give sorrow. One who gives sorrow, cannot give happiness. Where there is happiness there cannot be sorrow.
Hope
Do not lose hope in those who have lost hope.
Love, Purity, Peace, Wisdom
When you build a house, every brick counts. When you build a character, every thought counts. You are what you think. Love, purity, peace, wisdom - the more you think of these qualities, the more you will become them.
Keep Faith
To limit your faith to one set of beliefs or an institutional belief system is to commit intellectual suicide. We shut down the possibility of being enlightened and enriched by others' experiences, which may be derived from their beliefs. We build a barrier between ourselves and our fellow travellers and then feel threatened, even in small and subtle ways, by someone of a different faith. The deepest faith is the intuitive conviction that all is as it should be, despite appearances, and that every human being is intrinsically good, despite appearances. This reminds us to keep our minds open, not take the law into our own hands, and look out for the best in others, regardless of what they say or do. This is faith in life, not faith in a set of learned or inherited beliefs. Have you ever noticed how people don't go to war over their faith in life?
Tolerance
If you realise that everyone is an individual with their own unique part to play, then the power of tolerance is easy to develop.
Lasting Fragrance
Tread lightly upon this earth, seeing, understanding but never imposing. Thoughtful, independent, be gracious in victory and defeat. Free of possessiveness, so ease of mind sweetens relationships. Like the scent of a rose the untroubled spirit imparts a lasting fragrance.
Unconditional Acceptance
Accepting the self and others unconditionally allows everyone to remove their masks and feel at ease with who they are.
Sweetness
Sweetness is a virtue that searches with patience for the good in every person and situation.
Inner Calm
The greater the demands on me, the more I need to sustain my inner calm and stability.
Honesty
Honesty is to speak that which is thought and to do that which is spoken. There are no contradictions or discrepancies in thoughts, words or actions.
Spiritual Love
It is when we silence the chattering of our mind that we can truly hear what is in our heart and find the still, clear purity that lies within the soul. Spiritual love carries us into the silence of our original state of being. This silence contains the power to create harmony in all relationships and the sweetness to sustain them.

No comments: