Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Live in Sheffield


Today is the 4th day in Sheffield. It is also the same day I left home and come oversea. Although from the start there were some not use to it, after few days, it's ok for me to the weather and food. Today breakfast is cereals. I have eaten it with the milk which I have a long time do not drink. I had sandwiches for my lunch which has butter in it. And I have eaten it. Ha.. Now, at here no more 2 in 1 after wake up. Everyday will have breakfast, lunch and dinner on time. Everyone take turns to prepare for the meals. This the eggs and prepare by my male friend ( only 1 guy in my flat) yesterday for the dinner. My female friend cooked the curry. It's the first day we had the rice for our dinner. Life at here not same with the life in KL. The shops all closed early (except the pubs and bars). Some shops close at 5pm and 8pm. The area is quite quiet and there is not much noise. There are also securities that walk around to guide those who need help. Yesterday hear a seminar. The pepper spray that is needed in KL cannot use in Sheffield. It is consider as weapon like guns. If someone carry this 'weapon', they will be caught. Can't believe it.
The weather here is cold. Sometimes not so cold but warm just like yesterday. But today quite cold. The wind blow is cold. the sun come out at 4 or 5am and go down around 10 or 11pm. the first few days, I faced with the jet-lacked and the timing. Woke up at 5am and sleep early at 12am. But now, it's ok for me to wake up at 7am. The classes for this week starts early at 9am. Have to go out early as the lecturers do not like people come in late. Have to be punctual for classes. From here walk to university take about 15 minutes. We have to walk to the shops to buy things. Now everyday have to walk. Tired.
As for my room here, it is big. Got all the things I needed. Got heater also. The room is well-equipped.
I same group and class with my friends. It's arranged according to the surname. I got 2 friends with surname of Chan and Chong. So, we everyday will go to uni together. Thanks God. Really thanks God. Everything here is like got people around me. Do it together with me. Same flat with my friends and same class with my friends. Got friends take care of me. I know them much more and more friend with them. Oh ya. I'm also the kitchen manager in this house. Have to take care of the kitchen things. Just make sure the kitchen is clean and in order. They give me the permission to ask them to clean the kitchen when there is a need.

No comments: