Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tired...

Last week was a busy week for me since I got some assignments to rush for clients deadline.. This is what I don't like the most as the AGM deadline has not come but we have to meet the clients'. Besides, the newcomer came to office last week. New works and teaching are to be given to him since he is so new to the audit work.

Every time when I heard the words ' Chiam', 'Ms. Chiam', I will know that someone is calling for me. I have to come to rescue. Actually, I'm glad that I got the chance to help them up when they really need my help.

But, yesterday, during the time of O.T, one of my colleagues said that I was to good to the newcomer. Every time he called, although I was in the middle of work overload, I would straight away walked to him and helped him. She said since I was busy I could let others to help as the work was not given by me to him. In my thoughts, for me, I was responsible to teach him new things and guide him. If he needs helps I should have go there and help. Or maybe I shouldn't do like this. Just let him do the work by himself. But everyone is busy shouldn't someone come and teach him. Haii.. I really don't know what to do. I really can't answer her when she asked me that. If I didn't help my friends I will feel guilty as they called for helps just like last time.

Maybe she is correct. I should just keep myself in between. Help or no helps? Yes or no? It's a hard choice.

2 comments:

Diana Diane Teo said...

It's good to help others when they need. But for me, sometimes I would let them to be independent. I also face the same situation as urs until I really fade up.

If you didn't help, the newcomer will said that you are selfish or insist to help. But if you help too much, they will be become very dependent on you.

Anyway, whatever you think is right, you just do it. Cheers my friend :)

Chiam said...

Thanks, Diana.. Actually, I really need some advice. Thanks for the support..I will tell to let him do the works then no too dependent on me..