Friday, July 11, 2008

Presentation--Meeting

Yesterday I have my presentation for FDM with my new group members. This time our presentation is about meeting with the two directors, John and Martin. Before the presentation start we all very scare and don't know what situation that we will be facing during the meeting. We heard from our friends that both John and Martin will fight and argue in front of us. By the way, we are the first two groups to have our presentation.

John is the first one who come in first and we try to stay calm to start the meeting. However, when John see our agenda that we projected on the screen, he begin to pointed out the issues we have and argued with us. When our chairman call John's mother 'Gladys', John suddenly turn to him and ask him to respect his mother by calling her 'Ms. Senior'. We all totally shock and stunned during the time.

During the meeting, we try to point out our issues. But, we all are being control and lead to the other ways and agree with what John and Martin have said. The reasons say by them look reasonable for us at that time. During that time, we try to agree their points and are all praise by them. However, for me, I think we are being control and not the one who lead the meeting.

After 20 minutes of the meeting is the time of listening to the comment given by the two lecturers. We all said by them and ask by them. During this 20 minutes of feedback time, me and my team members learn a lot from there. Now we just know that we are being used by the John and Martin along the way and during the meeting. They lead the meeting which we are supposed to lead and control. We should stand firm on what we wanna say to the people in the company and should not be 'carry away' by the directors. We also can find some suitable reasons to leave the meeting if the meeting is not on the right track.

The presentation style at here is not same as the one I used to have at the college. At here, I can get the feedback from the lecturers and keep on improving my skill. Although the feedback I get maybe not that I expected from, I still can learn from it and improve it. Besides, it can also prepare me for the future when I graduate and work. I learn a lot.

Today wisdom of quote:

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us."

- Alexander Graham Bell

3:32am 11 July 08

No comments: