Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First time..

Just now, I went to Grand Palace Hotel to have dinner with my family and relatives. My uncle is the organiser and it shocked me as he never belanja us.. But, I'm still here want to thank him for the dinner.

Our first dish is Loh Sang.. Actually, this is my first time having this kind of dish.. Fatt Choy Yee Sang I think.. First time having this chance to Loh Sang is quite a good experience for me. Never thought of I got the chance to take part in this kind of event. Haha.. We ate almost ten dishes tonight. It's quite full for me since I don't eat much nowadays besides the big days..

Having the chance to eat with my relatives are a good experience for me. You only got the chance to gather when the big days are coming such Chinese New Year. Since everyone is busy with works and studies. Some even outstation and come back once a while. The bond between each other will increase when this kind of gathering is happening. I like this kind of gathering as I can eat a lot and have my favourite dish 'ka cha ma'. That what I'm looking for when we have family gathering...

Yee Sang is literally translated as raw fish but for Chinese it means abundance and prosperity. Yee Sang is a Chinese-style raw fish salad with salmon as the main ingredient. It is usually mix with shredded vegetables, various type of spices and sauce, jellyfish, pomelo and crackers.

Loh Sang means the act of tossing salad. For Chinese it means gathering prosperity. Auspicious wishes are usually uttered during the tossing (eg. wish all of us with good health) and we usually toss as high as possible (to reach for the stars!) using a pair of chopsticks.

I hope that you all have the chance to Lao Sang since it represents prosperity....

No comments: